Urubamba Rafting Cusco
Day 1: URUBAMBA RAFTING 1 DAY - CHUQUICAHUANA SECTION
This section is called Chuquicahuana and is the best part of the Urubamba River it is located at 2 hours southern from Cusco. It is classified as class II, III and III+. This section has continuous rapids and for one day trip it's a great fun.
Return: 16:30 pm. Trip grading: II and III
hours private transport into a beautiful and very scenic views of lakes, villages and towns in the way to Urcos and Cusipata. Once we get there, you have time to change in a river rafting clothes, you will find a wetsuit that will fit you. Afterwards, you have to pick up a helmet, a life-jacket and a paddle, once you are ready, your guides will offer a field briefing of each details after definitely a great picture time !!!. Time to pull the raft to the river and to learn the commands. Once on the raft and far from the shore, the real fun starts. The river is smooth in the beginning, giving you the chance to practice the commands when the guide tells you, but don't worry, the bumps will come soon. You realize soon that the river is getting rougher, it's time to paddle. Suddenly the rapids show up, and you will see yourself paddling. You will get soak, even if you don't fall, water splash from everywhere, and it's cold, you will be glad that you are wearing the wetsuit and a wind cutter. It is very important to follow the guide´s instructions and paddle seriously after the commands, this will keep in a good balance of the boat. After various rapids the river calm down for a while, giving you the chance to rest for a little while until the next rapid come. The rapids are basically rocks and holes on the riverbed. Rapids are classified from I to VI, been VI the roughest. In the Urubamba river, the rapids are class II up to III+ and IV when the river is high after the rainy season (December to March).
After two hours and an half your ride is about to end, I suggest, if it's a sunny day, to jump into the water and flow with the river. Don't worry, the guide will get you to the shore or back on the raft. It is always another guide on a kayak who goes next to the raft to pick up the people who fall, and also he will take pictures, this is great because back in Cusco you can buy a CD with all the pictures taken.
Once back on the shore, the same bus will be waiting for you. After dry yourself and change your wetsuit for warm clothing, you will have a delicious lunch. Then a good nap on the ride back to Cusco.
CLASS and CATEGORIES of RAPIDS
- Class II, Ollantaytambo ( in the Sacred Valley of the Incas; Only 1.3 hrs of rafting )
- Class III (We run it from May to December), Quiquijana, Cusipata, Chuquicahuana.
- IV and V (Dec to May). For the last one, which is the hardest,
- We always take a safety kayak with us, so it means one extra guide for the safety of our clients.
- After lunch we return to Cusco, arriving at around 4:00 -4:30 pm.
What is Included:
- Transportation by private bus or van
- Experienced Rafting Guide Class IV-V
- Experienced safety Cayaker
- All Equipment (life jacket, spray jacket, wet suit, UK Avon Boats, etc)
- Training by a Professional River Guide
- Experienced saftey Cayaker
- Lunch (Vegetarian Option), comes with hot and cold drinks
- 2 hours plus riding the Rapids
What is not Included:
- Tips for your guides are optional.
- We recommend that you bring
- Bathing suits
- A change of clothes for afterwards
- Sun Screen, hat
- Water to drink
- Waterproof footwear, runners or tennis are recommended
TOURS IN CUSCO
Cusco Magic 5 Days
Empires Cusco 4 Days
Basic Cusco 3 Days
Machu Picchu by Train 2 Day
Machu Picchu by Train 1 Day
Atv Tours In Cusco - Quad tours in cusco
City Tour Cusco 1HD
Rafting apurimac river 3Days
Rafting urubamba 1Day
Sacred Valley 1Day
Maras Moray FD
Canyoning in Cusco
Tipon Pikillacta Andahuaylillas FD